Beckett Legal is proud to be a candidate driven company. We understand that what an individual needs when seeking a new position is a straightforward service with the same level of promptness and attention to detail that they would dedicate to the search themselves.
As a niche consultancy the personal touch is always guaranteed. We are deliberately selective about the candidates we work with as we want to positively contribute to the process. As a smaller consultancy with focused areas of law we can move faster than most as we are not restricted by the ties less specialised consultancies face. Our concern is what the candidate needs and we devote a significant amount of time to each search which results in an unrivalled service we are extremely proud of.
Moving jobs is an exciting process but it can also be emotionally fraught. From the outset you will always have one point of contact to guarantee continuity and consistency. We take the time to understand what drives you as an individual and what separates you as a lawyer. We become your ‘agent’ in every sense of the word. We represent you and your best interests are always our priority. With our honest and candidate focused approach we take the stress out of the search process for you at every stage and help ensure any decisions made enhance your career.
The Benefits of using a Recruitment Consultancy
Using a reputable recruitment consultant should:
- Give you valuable, current market advice
- Advise you how best to achieve your career aspirations
- Give you salary advice
- Give practical help with CV drafting
- Discuss a full plan of action with you prior to commencement of the search
- Use their relationships with employers and developed contacts to your advantage
- Provide full interview training and advice
- Handle all interview arrangement, including providing detailed confirmation, directions to the offices and profiles of the interviewers
- Handle all salary and package negotiation achieving the best possible result for you
The Benefits of using Beckett Legal
- We have a vested interest in you. This means we advise you on the best decision for your career
- We are available for your convenience 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- We have different methods of contact to suit you - text messages, emails, phone calls out of office hours (evenings/weekends)
- As a privately owned company we have no external pressures and this transfers directly to you and your search with the level of time and dedication we are able to commit to each candidate
- Our bespoke candidate service, Beckett Complete, has been specifically developed to help you at every stage of your career from general discussions about the market and salary information through to actively assisting your search, interview preparation, salary negotiation and resignation advice we provide support at every stage of the process
Our candidates understand and appreciate the benefits of using Beckett Legal as their sole recruitment consultancy. Generally speaking, if you are getting the right service from your recruiter you should not need to complicate the process by instructing multiple recruitment firms. Not only will this add to the stress of the job search for you but it can be embarrassing and time-consuming for all parties involved when recruitment firms start duplicating efforts. Our candidates know we give more time and dedication to their search than other consultancies. We believe the most important aspect of recruitment for all involved is transparency and honesty and we uphold these values in all areas of our business. To help you achieve your career goals we have to ensure our working relationship with you is based on a mutual appreciation of these principles and know exactly where you are in the job search process, both emotionally and physically.
Considerations of a Job Move
We are extremely focused on finding individuals who genuinely need our help and advice and we want all help all our candidates to find opportunities that improve and develop their career. We always discuss in detail the reasons behind your decision for a move. From the outset this ensures we both know what your aims and expectations are (and whether they are realistic). The following points should help focus your mind and provide some clarity to your thoughts during the initial stages:
- What are the positives and negatives about your current position?
- What could your firm do/change in order for you to happily remain there?
- Have a think about the following and grade them in order of importance:
- Working environment
- Career prospects
- Quality of work
- Work/life balance
- Do you feel valued and appreciated as a member of the team by your colleagues?
- Do you feel valued and appreciated by the partners at the firm?
- Do you want to be a partner? Do you want to be a partner at your current firm?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
- Do you enjoy marketing/business development? Is this something you are encouraged to do at your current firm?
- What type of work do you want to do?
- What type of firm would you consider: niche, West End, regional, City, Magic Circle, US?
- Would you consider relocating in the UK?
- Would you consider a move abroad? If so, where?
- How do your long term personal plans fit in with your long term career plans?
It is important to remember that no job is perfect and the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Some of the problems you currently have may well transfer to another firm so we will help establish what you hope to achieve in a move, what your requirements are and what you could compromise on for the right position.